Friday, January 27, 2012

Curbside service for food.. do I tip?

I'm talking about Applebees (Carside to go), Outback, Carrabas, Fridays... all those places have a way of either calling in or ordering food online, then you go and pick it up. They bring it out to your car. Do you tip for that? Fast food people don't get a tip and they still take your order and ring it up and get it ready to go for you. To me the only difference is opening my window and grabbing it or them walking 10 feet to my car? I guess the factor may be - do they make the standard $2-3 that a waitress does or do they get more? I usually give a buck or two because I don't know what to do and don't want to seem stingy.. What does everyone else do?Curbside service for food.. do I tip?
When i got to a restaurant that has curb side to go,i give them a couple of dollars.I feel the same way not sure what to do.They take the time to prepare your order,and make sure you've got everything that comes with the order.So they do deserve a tip.Curbside service for food.. do I tip?
Are you really comparing fast food to curbside? Servers in a restaurant get paid 2-3 an hour whether they are waiting tables, doing to-go's, the place is packed, there is no one there, an hour before the place opens while they are doing sidework, or an hour after close to clean up. $2-3 an hour.



I appreciate you asking, and while 20% isn't necessary, something would be nice.Curbside service for food.. do I tip?
each restaurant is different. im sure you wouldnt offend anyone if you politely asked when placing your order. i work at applebees, and while they get paid more than 2.13 they still dont get minimum wage, and tips are greatly appreciated. but we dont expect you to tip as much as you would if you came in to dine.Curbside service for food.. do I tip?
10-15% minimum on togos. Where I work the hosts do to-gos and we don't even walk them to the car but the hosts make $2.13 an hour.



Usually to-go people if that is their main job, or if happens to be at the bar and the bartender handles it, they took time away from their guest to make sure your order was correct. They deserve a tip, now I wouldn't go as far as to say a full 20% as if I were sitting and dining and being waited on but definitely a little something, minimum $2-$3 even if only a $10 to go order.

No comments:

Post a Comment