Tuesday, January 24, 2012

At a restraunt, what do you take into consideration when tipping your waitress/waiter?

Also if you have any do's and don'ts for waitresses as well



ps. I serve at kind of a nicer/pricier restaraunt, similar to a Carrabas, etc.

Thanks!At a restraunt, what do you take into consideration when tipping your waitress/waiter?
As a fellow server, I can tell you without hesitation...for lots of people, it doesn't matter WHAT you do. Regardless of how well you keep drinks filled or how good your demeanor, many people give a standard tip that doesn't go up, but only goes down if you mess up. Older people (70+) and teenagers/early 20's are also notoriously bad tippers (i.e. 10%ers), as I'm sure you know.



The way that I attempt to make my tips is to pay attention when your table is talking at your introduction/drink orders. Gleen information about what it is that they do, and why they are at your restaurant. The best way to make tips is to be able to relate to your customer. Good service is good...making no mistakes is also good...but making your table see you as a person and not as a servant goes a long ways. They will open up, start talking, and generally give a better tip because they feel as though you care about their happiness. Just don't be overly talkative...you want to make them think you care, not that you are desperate for attention. Using this method, you'll be able to find out how demanding they are as well, so you can anticipate how much effort will go into the table.



So, of course, what *I* look for in a server is the same...someone willing to take 2 minutes to be personable. I'm more than willing to sit without a drink for a few minutes or forgive a food error if I know my server is trying hard and wants the best for me.At a restraunt, what do you take into consideration when tipping your waitress/waiter?
Carrabas, is a run of the mill chain restaurant. I'm not calling it a dump by any means its just common. And I recall being there by being out voted by friends and the wait person didn't write down our orders and tried to do it all by memory. Not everyone has that talent. Needless to say it got all messed up. Customers like it when you write down there orders! and pay attention and clear old dishes from the table. If I were you I'd be learning a lot about wine and work in a upscale prime establishment. Best of luck to you!



Ps I have never blamed the server for a kitchen mistake. But if you pay attention to the order, it will save you some embarrassment and the order shouldn't come out wrong.
I take into consideration her personality. You can sense people who are just there to get paid and then the people who actually associate with their customers and work for their tips. Mistakes happen, but I also take into consideration how much they can handle. Not saying that I'm a pain or anything, but if I need extra napkins, I expect them quickly. Hope this helps.At a restraunt, what do you take into consideration when tipping your waitress/waiter?
If I am eating out here is what I use as my guideline:



Don't care attitude, slow service, maybe forgets a couple of things = 10%



Friendly attentive service, stays on task, doesn't forget anything, cares about your experience = 15 - 20%



Outstanding service, anticipates my needs before I ask, everything perfect or near perfect = 25%



In 30 years of eating out I have NOT tipped maybe 6 times due to just inexcusable, horrible, get a different job service.



Big DON'T as a server is don't tell me your life story. I didn't come to this restaurant to hear about you!
The one thing that really can make me mad is if they leave me sitting for a long time when I first come in without being helped. The longer they leave me sit there without acknowledging me, the lower their tip goes!! I hate that! Even if you're busy, at least tell the new customer that you will be right with them.At a restraunt, what do you take into consideration when tipping your waitress/waiter?
I tip irregardless of the waiter's "personality" or how long the food takes to cook. I'm not concerned how nice the waiter or waitress are or how fast they get with our order. As long as the food taste good and cooked well done.
They need to be nice and be alert to the customers needs. And I really enjoy it when (at a place like that) they explain the menu well and make suggestions on what to order.
1. Keep my drink filled

2. Mood

3. How nice the person is

4. Personality

5. Fast service

6. Not making mistakes
I can never either praise or blame the food quality on the wait staff. Not their job.



Was the service prompt, efficient, knowledgeable, helpful = 20% sometimes a little more.
nice, not too many mistakes that stuff



please answer mine:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
simple tricks to bigger tips

http://personal-work-habits.suite101.com鈥?/a>
how kind they are how good the food was how understanding they were basically their niceness u geddit and also the gfood
Personality and a willingness to please
I would consider her kindness, her behavior she must be smiley and in good mood
how fast the food gets to the table
Friendliness and their mood
How they treat me and my family. :)
how fast/accurate she/he is and of course how nice.
how good service and food as well
  • harcourt math
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment